Search News Posts
IABSE Conference Guimarães 2019
The IABSE Conference Guimarães 2019 will be held on March 27-29, 2019, in Guimarães, Portugal.
This Conference is organised by the Portuguese Group of IABSE (Associação Portuguesa de Engenharia de Estruturas - APEE) in co-operation with the Institute for Sustainability and Innovation in Structural Engineering (ISISE), and the University of Minho, Portugal. The Organising Committee is co-chaired by Paulo B. Lourenço and José Campos e Matos and the Scientific Committee is chaired by Luis Oliveira-Santos.
The Objectives of this Conference are to:
• Place the topic of Sustainability of the Built Environment in an International Discussion Forum
• Offer a worldwide discussion in risk assessment and infrastructure asset management with
a share of knowledge from different stakeholders
• Discuss Performance and Costs of built environment assets, with a focus on ‘Zero Maintenance’
• Provide the adaptation of Young Engineers to the topics of Risk, Construction, Quality, Resilience
The Scientific Programme will include Plenary and Concurrent Sessions. Papers covering different themes and topics of the conference will be selected from abstracts submitted to the Scientific Committee.
There will be two awards for Young Engineers, covering the best paper and the best presentation.
Participants wishing to present a paper are invited to submit their abstract related to the conference Themes and Topics. Authors are expected to use the template available at the online submission platform.
Themes and Topics:
1. Novel Management Tools for the Built Environment
2. Lifecycle Quality Control of New and Existing Infrastructures
3. Advanced Frameworks for a Sustainable Built Environment
4. Risk Analysis Procedures, from Theory to Practice
5. Future Trends in Structural Engineering
27 March 2019
29 March 2019